Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Christmas Carol

The story basically goes like this:

On Christmas Eve in Victorian England, an old moneylender named Ebenezer Scrooge being a pain in the ass by scolding people celebrating Christmas on the street, rejecting a request for donations for the poor and needy, refusing to have a Christmas dinner with his nephew and forcing his underpaid staff to beg for a day off on Christmas Day. That very night he was visited by 3 ghosts. The ghost of the christmas past shows him about his own history and how he ended up being an ass. Then the ghost of christmas present shows him the present, on how his nephew make fun of him in his absence and how his underpaid staff struggle because of his stinginess. Finally the ghost of christmas yet to come shows him what is the future lies ahead of him, on how the people feel happy and relief after his death. When Scrooge wakes up the next morning, he repented and started as a new man on Christmas Day and his remaining life.

Read more of it here.

My take:

I never read this story before. And I like the story. The animation is superb. Looks like real people. But the most important thing is, the message of the movie. On how the environment shaped a person's behavior, then the consequences of his action towards people around him and how people react and think of him when he is not around anymore. Do you want to be someone who cause much trouble for everyone and no one remembers you or talk bad about you when you are dead?

If this happens in real world:

If the ghost of the past visits me, most probably he will shows me the junk i ate in the afternoon. Then the ghost of present will show me on the throne, curling my toes with tears on my eyes lausai-ing. Then the ghost of the future will show where the sai flows to and how the Alam Flora people treat the sewage...

Food to go along with this: Turkey ham sandwich and Starbuck's Toffee Nut Latte..

I rate this movie 4/5 buttered popcorns.

So, try to enjoy the movies!

4 comments :

  1. this blog yau mou yaan dook gah?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what kind of name is ebenezer?

    winn, mou gah. You and me is binatang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. both of u are dindang, as in 'dindang datang lagi, dengan mainan bola ajaib!'

    ReplyDelete

My review not lame? Ok, show me your lameness!